Happy Monday and happy August! Can you believe it is August already?! I swear I feel like I was just posting about 4th of July! So anyways, I’m here today to write about an AMAZING program that is getting RAVE reviews! It's a little something called, The 21 Day Fix!
I've been involved in a 21 Day Fix challenge group and am starting my first one on Monday. The other coaches on my beachbody team have YET to come across any challenger who has not LOVED this program! So, when someone is deciding whether or not this program is a good fit, or "too good to be true," I get a few types of questions. I figured that I would make a list of the top 10 questions that I typically receive, and then go through what a day in the life of the 21 Day Fix is all about!
1. Do you starve yourself for 21 days? NO! NO NO!!! To be completely honest, the first few days of Round 1, I did feel a bit hungry. I wouldn't say that I was starving, but yes, by evening time I was wanting something to eat. The reason for this is because the 21 Day Fix program teaches you portion control. I'm sure it is no surprise to hear that portion controls have gone from bad to worse in this country. Even the size of dishes has increased! So, as your body adjusts to correct portion sizes, yes, you may feel a bit hungry at first. Once you are adjusted there will actually be some days where you may not be able to finish all of your containers! MANY of my challengers/team coaches challengers have faced this problem.
2. Are the workouts hard? Yes and No. The workouts are effective! Every single workout has a woman named Kat who modifies every single move. I LOVE Kat! I feel like she’s my best friend even though we’ve never me! Even at that, you can modify it further if you need to. The age range of challengers that have been in my groups has been 24-64.
3. Do I need equipment? Yes. You do need to invest in a light and a heavy set of weights. You can also use resistance bands; however, I found it a bit difficult using them, so I stick with weights.
4. Do you have to buy super expensive, all organic, type food? NO!! In just a bit, you are going to read about one day in my life with the 21 Day Fix. It is all normal food that you can get right from the grocery store! You may even buy several of the recommended foods already!
5. Is it a hard program to follow? NO! The 21 Day Fix really can't get any easier. You get 7 color coded containers and you have a list of food that can go in each container. If it fits, you can eat it!
6. Do I have to drink Shakeology? You do not have to drink Shakeology; however, you will see that within the eating plan, Shakeology is a part of it. There are several Shakeology recipes in the plan that you can try, as well as the ones that come with your order. In my opinion, I believe that drinking Shakeology will help to maximize your results in the first 21 Days. As a result, within my challenge groups, I do require it for Round 1. After the first month you can decide whether or not you want to continue with it. To find some delicious Shakeology recipes, you can check out my pinterest page at pinterest.com/toneupgirl.
7. Is it only for younger females? The 21 Day Fix can seriously be used at ANY age! The nutritional component can be customized to the foods that you individually prefer and each workout has a modifier in the event that you are struggling with the move that the trainer is doing.
8. How does it work? Ok, so, when you get your 21 Day Fix, you will first want to read through the Eating Plan booklet. In there, you will find a formula that you are to use in order to find your calorie range that you are to eat each day. From there, you look at a chart with your calorie range that will tell you how many of each container you are supposed to eat. There is a page in the booklet for each colored container. You will see a list of foods from the most nutritionally dense to the least that you are allowed to use in each container. From there, you can begin planning out your meals based on how many containers you get! Yes, the meal planning process does take a little while to get used to, but once you figure it out, it becomes second nature! This is something that I specifically help with one-on-one in my challenge groups.
9. Is it a quick fix diet? The 21 Day Fix is NOT a quick fix diet. It takes 21 days to form a new habit. Once you get the hang of what a correct portion size is, you won't even need to use the containers! By the time you get through one round of the FIX, you will have an abundance of knowledge on what foods fuel your body and keep you full. If you choose to go back to your "old ways" the of course you will gain your weight back. This program is designed for people who are ready to make a healthy lifestyle change!
10. Does it work? YES! It is NOT too good to be true! By following the steps of fueling your body with the rights foods, and the correct amount of those foods, along with daily exercise, you will get AMAZING results! And yes, in just 21 days! Aside from the physical results, you will gain self-confidence and feel GREAT! I lost 8 lbs and 10 inches in 21 days. Here are my results.
July 20, 2016
Buffalo Chicken Mason Jar Salad
January 8, 2016
Beachbody Health Bet – Bet on Losing Weight & Win Big